Monday, March 17, 2008

East Village Radio and Kelley Polar


There is one podcast that I listen to every week religiously.

Its the Tom & Guests DJ Show on East Village Radio.

The music scene in NYC is so diverse, but through whatever circumstances I came upon this local internet radio station. They have a full line up of shows broadcasting 24/7.

Every Wednesday afternoon from 12-2 PM they play their records and cutting edge indie rock/electronic music.

Each week they profile a couple of new mixes and artists. Last week I heard for the first time a song "Entropy Reighns (In the Celestial City)" by Kelley Polar. It knocked me off my feet.

I loved the song so much that I even went to a record store and bought the album on CD.

Today was probably the first time in a year or two that I went to a store and put cash on the counter for a record. Up until now its just been through itunes.

What a great feeling it is to tear the saran wrap off a cd case. I kind of miss it.