Tuesday, February 5, 2008

New Deep V Wheel with Phil Wood Hub





After last November's Cranksgiving crash it was only a matter of time (and money) before I built a new front wheel.

The results are impressive. Its pretty sweet to have a rock-solid front wheel. The roads of New York City are treacherous at best. Potholes, pedestrians, taxi's and broken glass adorn the streets I ride each day.

There is no space for compromise in the world of track bikes. Either you are in the zone riding or you are smacking your face in the back of someone's car door. Thats why its so important to be on top of your game at all times. These many considerations are quite worrisome, which is why I will only ride my bike when I know its in optimal condition. New tires, well-oiled hubs, cranks and a taut chain are necessities that can not be ignored.

0 comments: