Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Sky Is Falling: Watch Out!


Here's one ibanker going crazy and I don't blame him for a second.

It looks like the failing economy is upon us. A recession is here and the two questions on everyone's minds are for how long and how deep.

Its really anyone's guess, but here are a few of my thoughts and indicators of note:

1. Yahoo is contemplating to layoff a buttload of people as we speak.
2. Bush and Bernanke can not comfort the United States, so how the hell will they comfort the entire world economy?
3. Its really late at night in New York, like 5 am and I should go to sleep soon.
4. The world markets are opening/closing this Tuesday anywhere from 5-10% down (Asia and Europe).
5. New York is really cold right now 25 degrees Farenheit, which leads me to believe that most bankers are going to be very bearish tomorrow (today in four hours when the market opens).


Will the world end? My sources point to a clear NO, however, if you have money invested, it would be a great time to move away from stocks and move towards ETFs. The market has taken a huge hit over the last three months since its late summer peak. The Downward Spiral that we are in may apex in the next 24 hours.

I am thinking about closing out a couple of positions and using that liquidity to buy on the cheap during the next week.

4 comments:

askfrasco said...

You are funny!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your blog and find the majority of your post's to be what precisely I'm looking for.
can you offer guest writers to write content to suit your needs?
I wouldn't mind composing a post or elaborating on a few of the subjects you write regarding here. Again, awesome website!
Also visit my web-site : top work at home jobs

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Quick question that's entirely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My web site looks weird when viewing from my iphone4. I'm trying
to find a template or plugin that might be able to correct this issue.
If you have any recommendations, please share.
Many thanks!
My website :: real work at home business

Anonymous said...

Hmm it seems like your blog ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your
blog. I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any tips for first-time blog writers? I'd definitely appreciate
it.

Feel free to visit my weblog ... online jobs to work at home