Thursday, November 22, 2007

Montrealean Thanksgiving


Friends and Family,

We take this day each year to be thankful for something. I am thankful to be healthy, drop dead gorgeous and in Montreal with my best friend, Anton.

I am thankful for many things, for although times are sometimes tough, its the perseverance of loved ones that helps to keep us going. For this I say Thank You.

Recently I had dinner with a close friend who had told me about a time in his life when he was on the verge of suicide. For over a week he binged on alcohol and finally woke up on the cold tiles of his bathroom floor. He had not ate anything for three or four days, just booze.

He told me that the reason he kept going was the thought of "not going" scared him too much. Its a sick and twisted paradigm. He was thankful for the experience because it taught him that he would never want to be in that situation ever again. He wants to live life to the fullest.

---------------------------------------
I am thankful for my amazing support system of parents, siblings and friends.

My career path is uncertain, but one to be happy about. If you don't like what you are doing, stop right now, stop complaining and figure out what makes you happiest. Be thankful that we live in an era where its acceptable to have 10 different jobs during the course of a lifetime.

Wherever you find happiness, find in it something to be thankful for.

1 comments:

Nate Westheimer said...

Happy Thanksgiving, buddy.