Friday, July 6, 2007

A Couple Things I Digg for Music


The last week my posting efforts have been pretty weak. Then again it is the Fourth of July and all that jazz.

I want to take a moment to write about three music apps that I am using right now to find and download music (legally).

Hype Machine
is by far my favorite music discovery vehicle. It just makes perfect sense. Not only does it aggregate and play music for you, but it allows you to see what other people are saying about these same songs. Anthony has created a powerful application that I hope more and more people will use as its popularity spreads. He even has a facebook app, although thats in beta.

Next on my list, is finding the music. For this process I prefer using Sitening.com . It makes for an easy way to find indexes of music which are freely available. It takes a little bit of time to find the right songs, but I am finding that it actually aggregates many more remixes and off-the-cuff recordings than you would get with a regular bit torrent or downloading service. Its actually the fact that you find weird recordings using this website that I really like its versatility.

The third program I have been using as of late is DownThemAll! Not only does it rip music, but also all images from a webpage. Its also has a cool accelerator thingie (not sure how it works) that makes downloading a breeze.

These three components have been making me a very happy, musically minded camper. Its pretty impossible to not find music when you have these applications working the web for you.

All you have left to do is put on a pair of adidas and start dancing.

0 comments: